- About the library
- Library Resources
- Searching the OPAC
- Facilities Available
- Anti-Plagiarism Checker
- Rules & Regulations
- Meet the team
About the Library
Ubhaya Bharati, the current library at Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula serves as a major cultural information/ knowledge resource hub to support research in the field of Sanskrit, Indology as well as all contemporary streams of knowledge. Ubhaya Bharati symbolizes knowledge. She is regarded as an incarnation of Sarasvati, goddess of learning. It is believed that she was the illustrious wife of Mandana Mishra. On the Digvijaya yatra, Adi Sankara met Mandana Mishra and defeated him in the debate. Ubhaya Bharati was chosen as an adjudicator in the debate because of her wisdom and unbiased attitude. It was decided that Mandana Mishra would take sannyasa if defeated by Adi Sankara. Ubhaya Bharati didn’t hesitate a bit to declare that Adi Sankara won the debate. As a result, Mandana Mishra took sannyasa. Ubhaya Bharati too followed him. Both together preached Vedanta and propagated the path of knowledge. Ubhaya Bharati, thus is the most significant name for the treasure of knowledge, the library.
Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula (CNBG), a residential gurukula for Indian performing arts is a part of CVV and is the off-campus centre of CVV located at Pune. CNBG focuses on preserving, promoting and propagating performing arts through its numerous activities like music workshops, festivals, personalized courses and competitions. Sruthi, the library at CNBG is a rich repository of historically and culturally significant collections in the field of Indian performing arts.
Important reference collections in CVV Library include Generalia, Sanskrit Literature, Bhagavad Gita, Ayurveda, Culture, Psychology, Research Methodology, Advaita Vedanta, Hinduism, Indian Philosophy, Ramayana, Sanskrit Vyakarana, Sanskrit Poetics, Linguistics, Management, Indian History, Economics, Law, Social Science, Fine Arts, English Literature, Biography, Encyclopaedias and Dictionaries. All the books are classified with DDC and entered KOHA software with fully barcoded collection and web enabled On-line OPAC. KOHA creates a network of library of Ubhaya Bharathi, Sruthi, Warriam Road and Chinmaya International Foundation.
- Only registered members are allowed to use the Library.
- Members should produce their ID card at the entrance of the Library if ask for.
- Students’ membership of the library is renewed at the beginning of each semester.
- The Reference books and Current periodical are not issued out.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves with physical condition of the book they borrowing.
- Reader should not Wright in mark or otherwise disfigure/damage books, furniture etc.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal belongings like bags, umbrella in Library. These materials are to be kept at the property counter at their own risk. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, Credit Cards, Passport etc. At the properties counter.
- Library can recall any book even before the due date.
- Readers have to pay over dues charge @ Rs.1/-per day per book after the due date.
- Conversation and discussion disturb the library ambience. Therefore, Readers should Observed strict silence and switch off their mobile phone or keep them on the vibration mode in library premises.
- Books to Faculty members and the Non-faculty members will be issued for one month. The Issued books must be return to library at the end of each semester. No books will be issued for the next semester if they do not returns/renewed the books.
- Soft drinks, eatables are not allowed in the library.
- No photograph of the library shall take without proper permission from the authority.
- Members shall not bring their personal belonging and library books borrowed by them inside the library unless for return.
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit, so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them may be checked. Readers are requested to show the documents which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the check points.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the book or any other property belongs to the library.
- The members caught tearing pages, stealing of book will be suspended from using library facility. And further disciplinary action will be taken against them by library.
- Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- Tables and chairs should not be disturbed from their position. User should avoid resting their feet on table, chair, shelves and windows.
- Books and the Bound volumes of the journals should be handled with great care. Please avoid keeping the volume open on the table or inserting notebook and pencil in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks. Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencils are strictly prohibited.
- Users are requested to leave the book on the table after consultation. Please do not replace the book and also do not move the book from its specific area to another area. Library staff will do it for you. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Eating in the library premises is strictly prohibited. Utmost care shall be taken by all to clean the Library Premises.
- Books issued on loaned must be protected from RAIN, DUST and INSECTS etc.