- About the library
- Rules & Regulations
- Facilities available
- Searching the OPAC
- Meet the team
About the library
The current library at Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula serves as a major cultural information/ knowledge resource hub to support research in the field of Sanskrit and Indology. The library holds an extensive, unique collection of over 17,000 knowledge resources, reflecting the multi-dimensional and interdisciplinary nature of Sanskrit and Sanskrit literature, Veda and Vedangas, Indian Philosophies, Vyakarana, Kosa, Ayurveda, Sangita, Dharmashastra, Mathematics, Rituals, Encyclopedias, and bibliographies; biographies and autobiographies; monographs, and atlases, Jaina, Bauddha, Ramayana, Mahabharata, and Hindi, Malayalam and English literature, etc. The volumes in the Library have been donated by many devotees, scholars and also purchased to enrich the collection. Acquisition of several personal collections has further enriched the library. These relates to illustrious scholars who have made path-breaking contributions in the field of Sanskrit and related studies, they are: Prof. K V Ramakrishnacharyulu and Prof. R. Balasubramanian.
The Library Rules
- Only registered members are allowed to use the Library.
- Members should produce their ID card at the entrance of the Library if ask for.
- Students’ membership of the library is renewed at the beginning of each semester.
- The Reference books and Current periodical are not issued out.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves with physical condition of the book they borrowing.
- Reader should not Wright in mark or otherwise disfigure/damage books, furniture etc.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal belongings like bags, umbrella in Library. These materials are to be kept at the property counter at their own risk. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, Credit Cards, Passport etc. At the properties counter.
- Library can recall any book even before the due date.
- Readers have to pay over dues charge @ Rs.1/-per day per book after the due date.
- Conversation and discussion disturb the library ambience. Therefore, Readers should Observed strict silence and switch off their mobile phone or keep them on the vibration mode in library premises.
- Books to Faculty members and the Non-faculty members will be issued for one month. The Issued books must be return to library at the end of each semester. No books will be issued for the next semester if they do not returns/renewed the books.
- Soft drinks, eatables are not allowed in the library.
- No photograph of the library shall take without proper permission from the authority.
- Members shall not bring their personal belonging and library books borrowed by them inside the library unless for return.
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit, so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them may be checked. Readers are requested to show the documents which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the check points.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the book or any other property belongs to the library.
- The members caught tearing pages, stealing of book will be suspended from using library facility. And further disciplinary action will be taken against them by library.
- Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- Tables and chairs should not be disturbed from their position. User should avoid resting their feet on table, chair, shelves and windows.
- Books and the Bound volumes of the journals should be handled with great care. Please avoid keeping the volume open on the table or inserting notebook and pencil in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks. Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencils are strictly prohibited.
- Users are requested to leave the book on the table after consultation. Please do not replace the book and also do not move the book from its specific area to another area. Library staff will do it for you. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Eating in the library premises is strictly prohibited. Utmost care shall be taken by all to clean the Library Premises.
- Books issued on loaned must be protected from RAIN, DUST and INSECTS etc.
Library Membership: Library membership is free to all Permanent University Employees. Permanent employees of the University can apply for Library membership. For using the library services library membership is must. All the faculty members, staff and student of the university can register themselves for the membership. Application forms for membership is available in the library. It can also download from the Library web OPAC. The completed filled in application duly forwarded by the respective Heads of the department along with pass port size photograph should be submitted to the librarian. Identity card issued to the employee, student by the university is treated as a library card. Library card is not transferable. Please do not give your library card to another user. No books will be issued without identity card. Members proceeding on long leave or on deputation exceeding three months should return the books that are borrowed by them.
User Services: The library rendered standards services like issue of books, attending reference queries, providing photocopies etc. In addition, following services of special nature were given from different section.
Library Orientation: User orientation is an important and regular activity of the Library to educate the user about the various resources and services of the library. Orientation program organized every year for new students.
Reference Service: The Library maintains a separate Reference section. The books of these sections are to be consulted in the Library. However, keeping in view the necessity of the Teaching Faculty these books may be allowed to issue for short period of time. Important encyclopaedias, Handbooks, Data books, Dictionaries, and other costly books are available in this section. Special reading facilities for Research Students and Teachers are provided in the library. The Library has procured educational video cassettes prepared by agencies for self-learning. The viewing facility is available in the library.
Photocopy services: The Library offers photocopying services to all its readers with reasonable charge.
Circulation: (Issue and Returns of books) Circulation section is the gateway between users and documents so it plays a major role to any Library and Information System. CVV Library Circulation Section performs issue, renewal, return of books using Koha software. Apart from these basic tasks many other jobs like membership registration, issue no-dues certificate, overdue fine collection, book reservation, Borrowers Reminder; Recall i.e. requesting borrower to return a book etc. and all kind of queries by the users are being performed by this section.
Library OPAC can be operated within the campus premises by clicking in https:// opac.cvv.ac.in. Besides listing all the books and Journals available in the library, it allows the facility like reservation, Fine calculations, status of particular Books, particular Students. It is searchable by Author, Title, Acc. No. and several other fields.